Human Resources Board of Chilmark
June 1, 2017 APPROVED MINUTES
Present: Jennie Greene, Chair, Bruce Golden, Steven Flanders, Max McCreery. Chuck Hodgkinson, Employee Representative, Steve Lewenberg
Not present: Jim Malkin, Selectmen’s Representative
Public/ Board or Comm. Members:
Staff: Jennifer Christy, Admin. Asst., Tim Carroll, Executive Secretary, Police Chief Jonathan Klaren,
Meeting called to order at 8:02AM
- Clarification of Holiday Pay guidelines in the HRB Procedures Manual:
- The Board reviewed the proposed amendment language prepared by Mr. Hodgkinson.
- Mr. Lewenberg inquired about how the proposed amendment would affect the current practice of the library closing on a Tuesday when there is a holiday on a Monday.
- Discussion occurred and it was noted the proposed new language would not address the current practice of the library dept.
- Mr. Hodgkinson noted the procedures manual does state that when a legal holiday falls on a Sunday, then the legal holiday is observed on the day following. The jurisdiction of the procedures manual over the Library dept. was discussed.
- More discussion occurred. The Board reviewed the last paragraph of Section 9 of the procedures manual. This section seems to clarify the holiday pay issue, it was agreed.
- A motion was made to recommend to the Board of Selectmen the proposed amendment to the Procedures Manual.
- No minutes were reviewed.
- Next Meetings:
Meeting adjourned at 8: 25AM