CONSERVATION COMMISSION AGENDA 3/7/18 @ 12:30 PM
One Site Visits 3/7/18 @ 11:30 AM
- 12:30 PM: PUBLIC HEARING SE 12 – ???; REID SILVA FOR DAMON VICKERS; 18 Spruce Gate Rd.; AP 35-1.7: Construct an addition to the main house and build a barn, catslide shed, chicken coop, greenhouse, duck coop and a parking area. The construction of a 30’ X10’ in ground swimming pool and a 10’ X 10’ spa (overall dimension 20’ X 40’) plus the related four-foot high pool enclosure, a pool deck and related pool equipment is also proposed. Brush cutting to create a grazing field will also be done. The grazing area will be tilled and all large roots and stumps will be removed. The area will be seeded with a forage mix and hay mulched.
The majority of the construction is within the 100-foot buffer zones of a Bordering Vegetated Wetland and an isolated wetland. The closest activity is 39 feet from the wetland edge. The proposed greenhouse and addition to the house are outside the buffer zones.
- PUBLIC MEETING REQUEST FOR DETERMINATION OF APPLICABILITY; CARLOS MONTOYA FOR TWO SISTERS REALTY TRUST; 35 Harlock Pond Rd.; AP 1-12: Brush cut an area to create a meadown along the winding driveway to improve sight lines. The mowing will be done manually with mechanical hand tools (no brush-cutter). The existing ground cover to be mowed includes brambles, goldenrod and other assorted low covers. There are no trees or other woody plants in the work area.
- DISCUSSION SE 12 – 804; EZRA SHERMAN AND KRIS HORIUCHI FOR JACK DAVIES: 12 Stone Ridge; AP 25-135: An Order was issued in December 2017 to build an addition for a bathroom and install a new outdoor shower. The Order required the applicant to return with the following for approval before construction begins: A revised site plan with the following additional features plus a specific re-vegetation plan.
- A 20-foot wide no cut buffer zone from the edges of the newly delineated isolated wetland and running 20 feet from the wetland edge southwest of the house. The 20-foot no cut buffer shall terminate approximately at the end of the slate patio as shown on the site plan.
This 20-foot no cut buffer zone shall be planted with native plant species only. This planting plan and supporting planting narrative shall be approved by the Commission or its designee before work begins.
There shall be no landscape maintenance, fertilizing or mulching of any kind within the re-vegetated 20-foot no cut buffer zone.
There shall be no deposits of landscape cuttings placed within the 20-foot no cut buffer zone or within the 100-foot wetland buffer zones.
- The outside limit and edge of the 20-foot no cut zone shall be marked with stones that are approximately 2’X2’X2’ (8 cubic feet). The applicant may propose an alternative method to delineate the no cut zone for consideration when the landscape plan is discussed. The stones shall be placed approximately five feet apart to allow for unobstructed wildlife movement.
Meeting Minutes: 2/21/18 (if available).
Order of Conditions SE 12 – ???; Vickers; AP 35-1.7 (if voted).
Determination of Applicability Two Sisters Realty Tr.; AP 1-12 (if voted).
- NEXT MEETING: Next Meeting March 21, 2018 @ 12:30 PM.