Revised CONSERVATION COMMISSION AGENDA 6/21/17 @ 12:30 PM
Site Visits Tues., June 20 @ 12:30 PM
- 12:30 PM: PUBLIC HEARING NOI SE 12 - ???; REID SILVA FOR JUDITH JARDIN; 14 Ocean View Farm Rd.; AP 25-101: Replace and upgrade the existing failed septic pit. A portion of the work will take place within the 100-foot buffer zone of a Bordering Vegetated Wetland. The closest activity is approximately 90 feet from the wetland edge.
- 12:40 PM: PUBLIC HEARING NOI SE 12 - ???; REID SILVA FOR GRAEME AND JUDITH FLANDERS; 10 Highland Way; AP 26-36: Replace a failing metal culvert within an intermittent drainage way. Approximately 200 sq. ft. of a Bordering Vegetated Wetland will be temporarily altered.
- 12:45 PM: PUBLIC HEARING SE 12 – 790; REID SILVA FOR FREDERICK AND JILL BERNHARD; 21 Carroll Lane; AP 27.1-176: Construct several additions to the existing dwelling. The work includes a 672 sq. ft.building addition of living space; reconfiguring and adding to the existing decks; and building a 76 sq. ft. porch. A portion of the 672 sq. ft. addition and porch are within the 100 foot buffer zone of a Bordering Vegetated Wetland and in the second 100 feet of the Riverfront Zone. The deck addition is within the 100-foot wetland buffer zone and within both the first and second 100 ft. sections of the Riverfront Zone. The closest
activity is approximately 60 feet from the wetland edge.
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE; SE 12 – 720; STEPHEN MERKEL; off Howell Lane; AP 27-1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 2 and 3: An Order of Conditions was issued in 2015 responding to an Enforcement Order to rectify view clearing work done without a permit. The plan called for a re-vegetation plan of tree removal and mowing performed in a wetland and within the wetland buffer zone. The area has grown back nicely and all of the new plantings are thriving. Recommend the project is in full compliance.
- DISCUSSION SE 12 – 764; HILLARY ARCHER FOR PAUL SLAVIN AND SUSAN WAITZKIN; 6 Eddy Farm Rd.; AP 25-1.2: An Order was issued in 2016 to tear down the existing house and build a new one. A subsequent roof drainage plan was presented and approved on April 19, 2017. As required in the Order the landscape and irrigation plans are being presented to the Commission.
Meeting Minutes: 6/7/17.
Discuss bylaw violations and landscapers.
Discuss definition of tear down versus maintenance.
Order of Conditions Jardin; SE 12 - ???; AP 25-101 (if voted).
Order of Conditions Flanders; SE 12 - ???; AP 26-36 (if voted).
Order of Conditions Bernhard; SE 12 - 790; AP 27.1-176 (if voted).
Certificate of Compliance SE 12 – 720; Merkel; AP 27-1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 2, 3 (if voted).