Present for the Community Preservation Committee and attending the meeting were: Phil Smith, Warren Doty, Andy Goldman, Karin Wetmore and Chuck Hodgkinson. Absent: John Flender, Bill Randol, Jane Slater and Bruce Bartels.
Mr. Smith opened the meeting at 7:00 PM as acting chair in Mr. Flender’s absence with the following agenda:
- CPC Member Resignation.
- CPA Funds Update through 10/31/05.
- Housing Committee Affordable Housing Fund Request.
- Menemsha Harbor Proposed Fishermen Survey.
- October 25, 2005 Meeting Minutes.
1. CPC MEMBER RESIGNATION: Phil Smith thanked the Committee for all of their hard work over the years and informed them that he will be relocating to Alaska and must submit his resignation. The Committee thanked Phil for helping launch the CPC and wished him well on his journey.
2. CPA FUNDS UPDATE: The funds update through 10/31/05 was reviewed. There were no issues.
3. HOUSING COMMITTEE REQUEST: A brief outlining the Housing Committee’s request to replenish the Rent Assistance Program with an additional $55,000 appropriation was reviewed and discussed. The Committee moved, seconded and unanimously approved the request. A draft warrant article for the April 24, 2006 Annual Town Meeting was reviewed and approved.
4. MENEMSHA HARBOR FISHERMEN SURVEY: A list of proposed questions designed to get input from the Menemsha fishermen on how the Town and CPA might help preserve the village’s commercial fishing heritage and culture was discussed. The Committee asked Chuck Hodgkinson to revise some of the questions and distribute the survey at the Menemsha Texaco.
5. OCTOBER 25 MEETING MINUTES: The minutes of the 10/25/05 CPC meeting were reviewed. A motion to approve the minutes as presented was seconded and voted unanimously in favor.
6. NEXT CPC MEETING: The next CPC meeting was scheduled for Tuesday, December 27, 2005 @7:00 PM. With no further business to discuss a motion to adjourn was seconded and unanimously approved. The meeting adjourned at 6:45 PM.
Respectfully submitted, Chuck Hodgkinson, CAS.